Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Koran Talks About Jesus

There ought to be some complementarity in the Koran and the Bible, as we strive for reconciliation, harmony and love. The Koran talks about the miracles of Jesus, curing the sick and raising the dead in Surah (chapter) 3:49; the clear signs He showed in Surah 43:63; His coming for the last judgment in Surah 43:61. He comments thus in Surah 3:50 and Surah 43:63 - "therefore fear Allah and obey me."

Also the Christian Bible talks about the deeds or works of Jesus. As the Latin saying goes: contra factum non valet argumentum (you do not argue against facts). Jesus spoke the following to respond to the Jews:
"The Jews then picked up stones to throw at him; so Jesus said, 'I have openly done many good works among you which the Father gave me to do. For which of these do you stone me?' The Jews answered, 'We are not stoning you for doing a good work but for insulting God; you are only a man and you make yourself God.'
Then Jesus replied, 'Is this not written in your Law: I said: you are gods? So those who received the word of God were called gods and the Scripture is always true. Then what should be said of the one anointed and sent into the world by the Father? Am I insulting God when I say: 'I am the Son of God'?
If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, even though you don't put faith in me, believe me because of the works I do, and know that the Father is in me and I in the Father.' Again they tried to arrest him, but Jesus escaped from their hands" (Jn. 10:31-39).

No comments:

Post a Comment