Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's Protection

People who believe and trust in Jesus Christ do indeed enjoy God's protection because Jesus is God, the second Person of the very One Triune God. He was condemned by the Jews and crucified for saying so (cf. Mt. 26:63-66; Jn. 10:33; Jn. 5:18; Jn. 19:7). But Jesus rose 3 days after dying on the Cross. That was the everlasting proof of His divinity.

So people can recall the words of Psalm 91:14, as if referring to Jesus as God's own Son, the very Second Person of the One Triune God. "I rescue all who cling to me, I protect whoever knows my name, I answer everyone who invokes me, I am with them when they are in trouble; I bring them safety and honour. I give them life, long and full, and show them how I can save" (Ps. 91: 14-16). "Know that I am with you always until the end of the world" (Mt. 28:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment