Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Our loved ones

The title speaks to us about all the people that have grown close to us from our parents: mama and papa, brothers, sisters and relatives, as well as friends.  As a person grows in age, he gets exposed to multifarious relationships from the home to the global scene, including the influence of technology in the social media, and the list of loved ones expands. In such case, the Holy Bible (in Mt. 12:48-50) talks about those who should really be close to us.

“He (Jesus) was still speaking to the crowds when his mother and his brothers (near relatives) appeared; they were standing outside and were anxious to have a word with him.  But to the man who told him this Jesus replied, ‘Who is my mother?  Who are my brothers?’  And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers.  Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother” (Mt. 12:48-50).

No comments:

Post a Comment