Friday, April 10, 2009

The Interior Life

(claiming your rights)

The unhappy lot of people who keep on shouting for the rights they claim ought rather reflect whether God wishes it that way, as the Israelites did their complaints at the desert on the way to the promised land. St. Faustina, in her book: "Diary--Divine Mercy in My Soul" has some quotations in that regard (paragraph 1701).

"I asked the Lord today that He might deign to teach me about the interior life, because of myself I can neither understand nor conceive anything perfectly. The Lord answered me, "I am your Teacher, I am and will be; strive to make your heart like unto my humble and gentle heart. Never claim your rights. Bear with great calm and patience everything that befalls you. Do not defend yourself when you are put to shame, though innocent. Let others triumph. Do not stop being good when you notice that your goodness is being abused. I Myself will speak up for you when it is necessary. Be grateful for the smallest of My graces, because your gratitude compels Me to grant you new graces..."

No comments:

Post a Comment